Today we did more organizing. There literally isn’t a nook or cranny of this apartment that hasn’t been sorted, cleaned and de-cluttered. Although exhausting, it’s incredibly satisfying (nesting mode?!). To celebrate what a good job we’d all done, Rory, O and I headed to Jacques Torres Ice Cream shop and had a salted caramel milkshake with a peanut butter and chocolate cookie and sat out on the grass in the park. We came home and I made this easy and delicious supper.
Gnocchi With Summer Squash, Basil, and Feta
- 1 pound gnocchi, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 yellow squash (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 ounces Feta, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- Cook the gnocchi according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the squash, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the squash to the gnocchi and toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with the Feta and basil. Season with pepper.