So we had a rotten weekend (hence the lack of blog posts). We were actually supposed to be very busy with Rory’s school’s Spring Fair, a leaving party, date night and a birthday party at the carousel. All had to be cancelled because Rory wasn’t feeling too well. A high temperature, a horrid rash, a constant runny nose and barking cough which kept him (and therefore us) awake for most of the night meant we had one grumpy little boy on our hands. We decided that what he needed was quiet and rest. It seemed to work though because he was definitely on the mend by today. However, I still kept it simple by canceling parent and child and enjoying some quiet mummy and Rory time. We had a quiet walk together before heading home for lunch and then he enjoyed a much needed monster nap. In the afternoon we did a spot of food shopping and met up with Lucy and Teddy for some gentle park time. This evening I cooked this warm salad as we all need all the nutrients we can get at the moment. I added fresh french feta because I love cheese, me.
Roasted Peppers, Cauliflower, and Almonds
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered and seeds removed
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle red pepper slices and cauliflower florets with 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until golden and tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange roasted red peppers and cauliflower on a platter.
- Top with olives, almonds, and parsley. Drizzle with dressing.