Today I’m another year older (33) and not necessarily wiser! My day started off perfectly waking up next to O, who I’ve missed so much. I was told to stay in bed whilst O and Rory organized a delicious breakfast of treats in bed. They came in with a tray full of goodies. Beautiful fragrant white hyacinths, a new edition of my favorite British magazine; Red, lovely cards from family and friends and an iPad mini, hurrah! The best news, however, was that O decided to take the day off to spend with Rory and I. After my yummy egg breakfast we got bundled up and headed out for a long family walk. We did a spot of shopping at Union Market where we stocked up on goodies for supper and one of my favorite cakes: a brooklyn blackout cake. After brunch out we came home and all enjoyed a nap. We Skyped with Granny M where I had all of my favorite people sing Happy Birthday to me. O made a yummy Jamie Oliver supper of sweet potato gnocchi with stilton and pear, it was yummy. Snuggled in and watched The Debt which is well worth a look. Such a lovely day.
• A knob of butter
• 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
• 1 large pear, peeled, cored and cut into 2cm slices
• 2 tbsp crème fraîche
• 50g leftover stilton
• 400g gnocchi
• Chopped parsley leaves, to serve
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large pan over a medium heat and add the garlic. Once lightly golden, add the pear and reduce the heat. Cook for 3–4 minutes until softened slightly, then add the crème fraîche and stilton. Heat until the cheese melts.
2. Meanwhile, add the gnocchi to the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. They’re done when they rise to the surface; use a slotted spoon to transfer to the frying pan. Add enough cooking water to loosen the sauce. Toss to coat, season well, add the parsley and serve.