Tonight I prepared my own take on the above Rachael Ray recipe watermelon cups with feta and mint. Instead of little cubes, I just adapted it to make two large ones. I served it with delicious, ripe beef tomatoes from our CSA box. Looks impressive, is easy to do and tastes yummy; what’s not to like?
- 16 1-inch cubes seedless watermelon, chilled
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped shallots
- Using a small melon baller or a 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon, scoop out a small well in each watermelon cube, keeping the walls of the cube intact.
- In a small bowl, mash together the feta, mint and shallots; season with pepper. Stuff the wells of the watermelon cubes with the feta mixture.